Year of Starting – 1997
Certification – ISO, NBA
On Successful completion of the program the candidates are ready for working as Application programmers, Project managers, System Analyst, Customer Service Engineers, Software Engineers and Helpdesk Engineers.
There is an absolute teamwork from all the members and the department works with the following Vision:
“We would bring overall development in our students to achieve academic brilliance and ensure placement for all our students. Our vision is to attain the status of “CENTRE OF EXCELLENCE” with a continual research and development work at the department. We also ensure the highest level of empathy and communication between the teachers, students, parents and industry, thereby serving the society.”
Our students show their excellence in academics and we have received the Award for “Academic Excellence” consecutively for 3 years. Our students have secured University Ranks and brought laurels to our Institution.
Department Strengths :
- Technically sound, experienced and dedicated faculty.
- Well equipped exclusive lab facility.
- Regular interaction with software consultants through guest lectures.
- Well equipped Department library.
- Excellent “Mentor System” which enables the students to get individual attention.
- Well planned value added programmes for our students.
- Regular industrial visits and in-plant training organized for our students.
The MCA curriculum focuses on the analytical ability of the student. The curriculum is framed in such a way that the students are made strong enough in the basic concepts of computer science and applications. The Elective Subjects are framed in such a way that they can build on the latest trends in computer technology.
To fine-tune the present curriculum, more number of practical papers is added to the curriculum to make the students strong in implementation of the learnt concepts, as the implementation of knowledge is more important than the mere learning of concepts.
Some of the papers that are included in the MCA curriculum are
- Microprocessors & its Applications
- Software Engineering
- System software
- Web Programming
- Network Programming
- Middleware Technologies
- Software Project Management
- Embedded Systems
- Web Application Development
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Mobile Computing
Apart from the above-mentioned Computer Science Papers, our students are also taught the managerial and Mathematical papers to strengthen their managerial and analytical skills, like
- Accounting and Financial Management
- Mathematical Foundation of Computer Science
- Resource Management Techniques
Some of the electives chosen by our students were
- Numerical and statistical methods
- Human Resource Management
- Software Quality Management
- Component Based Technology
- Data Mining and Data Warehousing
- Distributed Systems
- Mobile Computing
- TCP/IP Design and Implementation
- Big Data Analytics
- Semantic Web
- Cloud computing
- Network Protocols
The laboratory infrastructure of the department is excellent with state of art equipments and software related to the field of Engineering.
The role of a library is critical in making a knowledge society. So the department functions with a library with a collection of standard books for the faculty and students to refer and enhance their knowledge. The department Library collection also includes CDs in various subjects as per the academic syllabus.
Our Students and Staff members have subscribed to the annual membership of CSI and IEEE and life membership of ISTE
R & D Focus
Department is currently focusing on sending proposals and acquiring financial assistance from various organizations like AICTE, DST, TNSCST etc. We have undertaken R & D projects from industries also.
AICTE Sponsorship as
|National Seminar on Cloud: Computing and Mining||Rs. 2,00,000|
|MODROB: Modernization of Network Programming Lab with NetSim – A Versatile Tool||Rs. 6,00,000|